Tate
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Apr 3, 2009
- Messages
- 30
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Aurora , MO
- Detector(s) used
- Whites DFX
Upvote
0

Likely Guy said:I see 'FMCO', or 'FM Co.'

wwwtimmcp said:I think it is a very old ford motor company engine badge.
Yes, this should be moved to the 'What is It' category.CRUSADER said:sounds possiblewwwtimmcp said:I think it is a very old ford motor company engine badge.
It's very cool!Steif, that is a good thought. Just the sort of thing I was thinking about.....That could be it.... Its nice what ever it is...steif said:It could very well be from a Sewing Machine, there were several areas that were covered by a round medallion like this on singers, to access the interior mechanics for repair...
there was a Florence Machine Co that went out of business in 1893 or so... they made treadle machines much like the singers everyone has seen... earlier models were made and look much like a jigsaw than a sewing machine.. I have never had a florence machine but have had several singers and the shape of the medallion looks exactly like this one does, just with different lettering.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O0Q3_qR-hJs/RtOWBpGw8bI/AAAAAAAAAVw/NKtgVe8nWcU/s1600-h/P1010039.JPG
here is a medallion about the same type, of course every company would be different in type and placement...
Just a thought, but it could be..lol..
Hmm.. I think that idea is even better than a sewing machine! That sort of emblem feels like a stove... I knew I was missing something, I felt it but just could not put my finger on the object where such an emblem would be placed, and this idea is just great.wetrock said:Florence Machine Co also made oil burning stoves as well, maybe it's a logo off of one of their stoves.