What's new

Not sure , old clippy thing

rebbel31

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2014
Messages
321
Reaction score
770
Golden Thread
1
Location
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was found in a forest near old castle ruins in Bavaria. I thougt hairclip or something? 20201109_161614.webp20201109_161531.webp20201109_163143.webp

Looking for age and function. Ty
 
Maybe from an old paper folder. They have some clip type of fasteners in them. Google " file folder metal clips" see if that gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.
 
Upvote 0
Something that was used in an industrial production process about 1920?
 
Upvote 0
The first picture looks like a feeler gauge with the ears at the top being for adjusting spark plugs
 
Upvote 0
The first picture looks like a feeler gauge with the ears at the top being for adjusting spark plugs
Spark plugs huh? Makes ya think I though it was a hairclip. Still searching for the truth I'd say
 
Upvote 0
maybe part of a pipe smokers tool.images (1).webp
 
Upvote 0
I'm wrong more often than not but do enjoy the what is it forum and do solve some every now and then

The item also looks like part of a fingernail clipper .
 
Upvote 0
It’s clearly quite old given the crude designs and patina. You said you found it near an old castle so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 18th century or even much older.
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was a belt clip of some sort. But it looks light weight for that. Also, it is decorated on both sides. What type of metal is it?

Maybe a hair barrette with a piece missing.
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was a belt clip of some sort. But it looks light weight for that. Also, it is decorated on both sides. What type of metal is it?

Maybe a hair barrette with a piece missing.

I appears to be bronze but I'm no metal expert
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom