Now I'm bummed out

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After finding the BB gun and a couple dollars in change at the park yesterday with the CZ 21 I decided to head out again this morning. I put in a fresh set of batteries and fired it up and got nothing. Check the voltage coming out of the 9 volt battery holder and I have 18 plus volts coming out of it. checked the posts on the inside of the detector battery compartment and I have 18 plus volts going into the machine. The funny thing is, I have my machine on an Anderson shaft, so the machine itself is actually upside down under the arm cuff. When I roll the machine over into its upright position it will work. When I roll it back upside down it turns off. the only thing I can think of is that there is something loose on the inside of the case shorting it out when it's upside down but allowing it to run in the right side up position. I'm not sure what's going on, I haven't dropped it or even bumped it hard enough to move any electronics on the inside of the case.

That's pretty interesting, never heard that complaint before. I'm an old Fisher believer. Good machines, one and all. Hope you get your issues worked out.

send to felix - he will take care of it
I have 3 cz21s - so always have a back up

Try putting an extra piece of foam in the battery box to hold the batteries in place.

Last edited:
The detector was sent the first Texas and received last Friday. I have yet to hear anything from anybody as far as how much or when it will be repaired, does anyone know how long it typically takes to hear back from the Fisher repair department?

The detector was sent the first Texas and received last Friday. I have yet to hear anything from anybody as far as how much or when it will be repaired, does anyone know how long it typically takes to hear back from the Fisher repair department?

It’ll show up in the mail soon completely repaired and probably with some new parts. They are a great company.

No longer bummed, I just heard back from Felix today. Apparently my machine has some kind of broken wire that goes to the coil where it meets the housing and the machine was way out of calibration, which is why I could never ground balance it properly. The best part is, all the repairs are no charge! he said it would be all taken care of today and back in the mail by the end of the week ��

Great! Ya just can't beat great service!

All the more reason to support a American base company!! "Making America Great" one metal detector at a time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back