What's new

Now that its ...

S.S.Tupperware

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
799
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that it's ...

Starting to get cooler here in Fl. ... how many of you hunt in the dirt. I still have my first love of the beach... but I just have a hard time gettin motivated to go out in 100 deg temps. But now I will start looking for more land spots... I will still be at the beach a few days each week. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Now that it's ...

Land hunting in Florida in the summer is brutal. Heck, detecting anywhere in Florida in the summer is brutal! ;D

I took my Compadre to a couple of parks this past Saturday and while it is still warm, its getting better fast. So yes, I land detect too.

However, as long as the weather holds, I will keep going to the beach right after I buy my next beach detector this Friday (still deciding, couple of sources I want to check).

Even in the winter, you can still dry/wet sand search, so I doubt I'll abandon beach hunting completely unless its really cold (by Florida standards, of course) and windy.
 
Re: Now that it's ...

I still hunt the beach hard even in the winter... I just wear rubber boots that are light and comfortable, and no problem. Plus ya get some sand movement when ya get the ole Nor' Easter... :notworthy:
 
Re: Now that it's ...

I do. Living on the First Coast, there are plenty of opportunities to recover relics. The weather is cooling down, but the best is after some cold nights to kill off some of the vegetation and send the critters for cover. I target the Palatka region during the winter, but still find time to scour the beach especially after Nor'Easters when the sand is on the move.
 
Re: Now that it's ...

I stopped hunting the dirt when I got into beach/surf hunting. Here on the Texas coast digging in the dirt versus sand is comparable to digging in concrete versus sand.
Maybe I'm just getting old or something lol.
 
Re: Now that it's ...

texasrt
I stopped hunting the dirt when I got into beach/surf hunting.
Your A True Pirate RT!! Same here, got first Gold in 06..have not looked back since. Had someone offer to take me to a old slave farm with masters quarters n all this weekend, Sorry...........
 

Attachments

  • My Beach Sign.webp
    My Beach Sign.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 221

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom