NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a 900. Have been using it with the 11 inch coil. It's different than my ctx. But anyways went out yesterday with the 6 inch on it. The dang thing just acted up the whole hunt. My buddy who came with me has the 600 and used his 6 inch. Didn't have a problem. I played with the settings and the only way to calm it down was to set the sensitivity way down to around 10. I've never had a problem in the area I hunted with any other machine or anyone I had brought with me. Any idea's?
Thanks!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got a 900. Have been using it with the 11 inch coil. It's different than my ctx. But anyways went out yesterday with the 6 inch on it. The dang thing just acted up the whole hunt. My buddy who came with me has the 600 and used his 6 inch. Didn't have a problem. I played with the settings and the only way to calm it down was to set the sensitivity way down to around 10. I've never had a problem in the area I hunted with any other machine or anyone I had brought with me. Any idea's?
Thanks!
There has been a lot of faulty coils reported with the Minelabs.
Not saying it's the case-but sure sounds like it.

Here is another reason why folks are turning their backs on this company.
They certainly neglected the simple procedure of testing before distribution.

OP
OP
NC Digger

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been a lot of faulty coils reported with the Minelabs.
Not saying it's the case-but sure sounds like it.

Here is another reason why folks are turning their backs on this company.
They certainly neglected the simple procedure of testing before distribution.
I wasn't sure if the coil is bad. My buddy is going to switch coil with me to see. It certainly is frustrating! lol

OP
OP
NC Digger

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: I got out yesterday and my buddy with the Nox 600 tried my 6 inch coil and it worked fine on his machine. I used the 11 inch and again had to turn down the sensitivity again. I'm starting to think that the control is bad. Idk, Going to contact minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread