Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex & Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2EEC726A-9BFC-47E7-B74B-9B5AFA7822A0.jpeg
411DFCCF-BF3C-4ED2-9151-7A1048C88CDD.jpeg

Hello all 😊
I hope your hunts have been fantastic. This past Sunday I was detecting my property and found an early 1800’s NY Militia button. I did some research and discovered during the War of 1812 they banded a large group of troops from all over to proceed from Dayton, OH to Detroit, MI. They would have walked through my land during that journey. So cool to think a gentleman on a journey, that may have been his last, dropped a reminder of his presence.
Happy hunting!

Upvote 31

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2023325 View attachment 2023324

Hello all 😊
I hope your hunts have been fantastic. This past Sunday I was detecting my property and found an early 1800’s NY Militia button. I did some research and discovered during the War of 1812 they banded a large group of troops from all over to proceed from Dayton, OH to Detroit, MI. They would have walked through my land during that journey. So cool to think a gentleman on a journey, that may have been his last, dropped a reminder of his presence.
Happy hunting!
That’s a great find. It’s kind of cool trying to figure out just how it got there. Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello all 😊
Happy hunting!
Cool!!! Congrats!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find, and thanks for the history lesson too.
I think the only things troops dropped on my property were potted meat cans. :-(
Congrats

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hello all 😊
Happy hunting!
great save and cooler back story. wtg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Super find! And for once I am going to say that I am glad I missed this post. That’s right, I said I am glad I missed this post. It was way cooler to find out in person today. Let me tell you peeps, she is still pumped over this ! Congratulations! Pretty sweet piece of history.

OP
OP
OhioMetalMaven

OhioMetalMaven

Nov 6, 2021
Western Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex & Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super find! And for once I am going to say that I am glad I missed this post. That’s right, I said I am glad I missed this post. It was way cooler to find out in person today. Let me tell you peeps, she is still pumped over this ! Congratulations! Pretty sweet piece of history.

WannaDig, you are an awesome woman. I’m glad you’re my friend. ☺️☺️

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WannaDig, you are an awesome woman. I’m glad you’re my friend. ☺️☺️
Awwww! I feel the same. I am having fun with our little group of detectorists. Can’t wait to get together again! I can’t believe it took us all so long to meet when we average 15 minutes from each other! Lol! I wonder how many more are out there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread