What's new

" O To be in England in the summer time"

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
just spent a very nice couple of hours detecting. The smell from the fresh cut hay, and the wild hedge side roses, was intoxicating. Finished the session, in a beer garden of a local pub. Finds, to be honest on such a perfect evening, didn't really matter. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6690.webp
    IMG_6690.webp
    602 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6689.webp
    IMG_6689.webp
    739.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6691.webp
    IMG_6691.webp
    429.7 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 16
Not much better than a beer after a day detecting. Ok, two of them are better than one...
 
If you can send me the settings that recovers pints I'd appreciate it.
 
I hear ya Rob! I'm in the US and I really miss the times I've had detecting in England--some places I've been in looked just like that. My wife is English so I always try to hook up with a detectorist there and get out detecting or even go solo if I have to. Nothing better than stopping by a quaint local pub afterwards for a bite and a pint or two. :thumbsup:
 
OOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO IM GETTING ALL TUNED UP OR WAS SHOOK UP ELVIS SAID ,WELL MAYBE YOU ARE BOTH. NOTHING BETTER THAN A NICE GLASS OF ALE -I BELEIVE THATS WHAT YOU HAVE, TO COOL A DIGGING MANS THIRST.
 
just spent a very nice couple of hours detecting. The smell from the fresh cut hay, and the wild hedge side roses, was intoxicating. Finished the session, in a beer garden of a local pub. Finds, to be honest on such a perfect evening, didn't really matter. Robert.

good night - that looks and sounds just awesome! maybe ill get back to England sometime here.
 
That hill looks enticing!
 
Know what you mean. Already booked my yearly to Lincoln for Sept. My mate Jim has us in the Weekdend Wanders Rally and God knows what else. Nice photos!
 
Rob, please tell us Yanks that the amber ale is chilled and not room temperature...You live among beauty, and it looks like you had a super day, irregardless of finds! Sub 8-)
 
Rob, please tell us Yanks that the amber ale is chilled and not room temperature...You live among beauty, and it looks like you had a super day, irregardless of finds! Sub 8-)
Chilled sub, very chilled.8-)8-)
 
I"m not sure what I liked best while detecting in England? Was it the hammered silver coins dug up in the stubble fields, or was it the pubs after the hunt? ...:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom