Obsessed hunters

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am frustrated with these so called obsessed hunters. I was at a old razed house today and someone was digging up clumps of grass and detecting under it, leaving there found junk strewn all over. Then they left huge holes unfilled. This kind of crap just disgusts me. :icon_scratch: It makes us good true hunters look bad. I don't care if it's a construction site or not unfilled holes are an eyesore and a saftey hazzard

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are selfish & careless hunters. I am an obsessed hunter, but I fill in all my holes and remove my trash.

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
Those are selfish & careless hunters. I am an obsessed hunter, but I fill in all my holes and remove my trash.

Selfish & Carelessness is better is a better way to put it.
Thanks.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I've detected with people like this. They pull a can tab, nail, gum wrapper or whatever out of the ground picks it up and tosses it on the ground, leaving a trail of trash behind them.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I admit I have been careless in the past, but after finding the same dog choke collar 2 years after I tossed it back, I laughed and told myself it was a lesson learned.

It can also be a huge benefit when a law enforcement or security officer comes over and you have a huge bag of trash to show what a good deed you are doing.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I'm obsessed with finding everything and removing it(trash and all items) from the area so I don't have to detect it again if I go back to that area.
I'm also obsessed with returning the area to as neat as I can get it for the next person coming behind me to enjoy for what ever reason they might be in the area. It's like a garden, I would not leave big holes in the garden so why would someone leave big holes for me to twist an ankle.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those that leave trash need to hit tot lots lol you dont clean out that trash it just keeps adding up an making the finds hard as hell to get ......how many sticks of gum are in a pack?how many pieces of gum foil out of that 1 pack of gum will find the ground on a full playground of kids ......you do the math ....what would you rather dig 1 good coin or 20 pieces of gum wrappers ....kind of a no brainer you would think.

BMan

Greenie
Oct 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Only lazy slobs leave trash and don't fill in their holes.

I never did litter. It's a shame that others do.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you said something to that birdbrain and told him how a real detectorist operates! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions