What's new

Ocean City MD after Irene

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been on the beach yet, but officials are saying there is little or no beach erosion.
 
Upvote 0
ugh i hope there is some erosion. Im coming down tomorrow just to detect. Hope i get lucky
 
any idea if route 1 is open? I wanna come down tomorrow but i am unsure if i can actually get to OCMD.
 
Closed at Indian river. Check deleware Dept trasportation
 
The Mayor said OC opens to the public again at Noon Sunday, I would imagine rt1 will be open in short order, or they wouldnt have put out the call for tourists to return...
 
Here is the latest from the Delaware department of transportation. Keep in mind Indian river inlet is Delaware and Ocean City is Maryland. So they mayor may not talk to the governor of the adjoining state.
 
coin beach is closed until further notice. it looks like they are going to wait until all of the state parks are cleaned up before they open any of them. that could take days. :'(
 
Coin beach sits just north of the Indian River inlet. If any of you happened to travel through this area after Nor'Ida you will will remember how much sand moved onto the road. I can only assume this is the case now.

Just my theory
 
At coin beach today got in around 3:00 not as much erosion as I hope for. Found nothing
 
Heading to OC for a quick 3-4 hour hunt. We'll see what pops out of the surf.
 
Well I got out to the beach today. The sun was out and it was crowded... With hunters! I ran into a real nice fellow hunter. Hard core hunter said he'd been at it since 4am and wasn't going to stop til 10 pm. He found a couple rings. I also found my 2 nd ring. Nothing spectacular just a real light 10k wedding band. But a ring is a ring.

Oh and by the way don't believe the Mayor of Ocean City!! Remember he is an elected official! Ocean City lost about half of their beach!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom