What's new

Detecting in the bay vs. in the ocean

Crunchyhippo

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
292
Reaction score
612
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Florida
I've done 99% of my detecting at the beach. Only once or twice have I gone to the swimming areas at the bay. Clearwater Beach is massively over-detected, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone detecting at the bay near where I drive. Does anyone here ever bay detect, and if so, what kind of luck do you have compared to ocean detecting?
 
Upvote 0
Yes find an old park on the bay start there in front could be a defunct beach you never know if you don’t go! GL🏴‍☠️
 
I live in maryland on the chesapeake.have detected the ocean beaches and the smaller beaches on the bay.I find by far alot more on the bay beaches.not even close.
 
I've done 99% of my detecting at the beach. Only once or twice have I gone to the swimming areas at the bay. Clearwater Beach is massively over-detected, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone detecting at the bay near where I drive. Does anyone here ever bay detect, and if so, what kind of luck do you have compared to ocean detecting?
I do both. The ocean beaches get more visitors than the bays, but, I find both will produce good finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom