What's new

Odd Cavity Mark

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2017
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
2,308
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this wall fragment of what I assume is an Enfield.
Outer View.webp

After clean up, I noticed this odd mark in the cavity. Has anyone come across this type of casting mark before?
Cavity View.webp
 
Upvote 0
It could be all that's left from the lead backing of a USA plate ... or a rosette .. or a ??? that was being melted down for bullets.
 
I found this wall fragment of what I assume is an Enfield.
View attachment 1657520

After clean up, I noticed this odd mark in the cavity. Has anyone come across this type of casting mark before?
View attachment 1657521

Maybe ?
It's the remains of a Plug cavity , I bought an Enfield yesterday that has a cavity with thick walls & a cavity more like a hole.
Way smaller than were a Wood Plug would have been IMO.
 
It could be all that's left from the lead backing of a USA plate ... or a rosette .. or a ??? that was being melted down for bullets.

Sometimes We just never know.
Good Day & Christmas creskol.
Davers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom