What's new

odd token

Moe (fl)

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
731
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy,

Any ideas/clues of what this copper token may be?

Thanks.

-Moe
 

Attachments

  • f1.webp
    f1.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 297
  • f2.webp
    f2.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 291
  • f3.webp
    f3.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 280
  • f4.webp
    f4.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 278
The other side has no designs or letters.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Moe, Nice find! This token looks 'mammy made' to me. Maybe someone used a punch set and decided to try their skill on a Large Cent. Is it the same size as a LC? Personally, I think 'Arch' is the person's name. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Hi Breezie,

The diameter is 27mm.

HH!
Moe
 
Upvote 0
Moe (fl) said:
Hi Breezie,

The diameter is 27mm.

HH!
Moe

Moe, that sounds like the right size since the large cents measured between 27mm and 29mm. Can you see any imprint of anything that might resemble a LC? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I can not see any trace of a LC.
 
Upvote 0
I was going to suggest a large cent too. I have a possible wild tangent that the "Arch" led me to consider a Masonic connection.
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I was going to suggest a large cent too. I have a possible wild tangent that the "Arch" led me to consider a Masonic connection.

Bramble, I thought the same thing at first with the Royal Arch Masonic Penny, but all of those were die struck. This one is the handy work of an amateur; maybe a Mason wannabe; lol. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Hey Moe, Nice find! This token looks 'mammy made' to me. Maybe someone used a punch set and decided to try their skill on a Large Cent. Is it the same size as a LC? Personally, I think 'Arch' is the person's name. Breezie
I agree with Breezie, this appears to be home made, and I believe the tools used to make it are Leather carving tools. My mom was into Leather Crafting many years ago, and she has all the tools like that flower, and some of the lettering design that would do exactly what was done there. instead of leather they just found an old copper slug, which would work as the tools are steel. Jim.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom