What's new

Off the wall question. - How do you cover your tracks with all the CRH garbage?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may of not thought of this so this might help you out.

How do you dispose of all of your boxes & wrappers form all of your coins that you went through? I live in a big apartment complex with all kinds of people. Some of them are dumpster divers and I don't want them to one day find thousands & thousands of dollars worth of coin boxes & wrappers. That could in courage them to scope out my building to try and figure out who has all that money.

What I do to prevent this is I always double bag up my wrappers & brokendown boxes in a separate bag from my normal trash and and pitch them out at work. Or sometime when I am at a drive thru I pitch the bag there in a garbage can. I leave no evidence of my hobby where I live. :thumbsup:

I'd say this would be good advise even if you live in a house, you never know who is going through your trash. Just one piece of junk mail with your address gets mixed in with your wrappers, that will put a huge target on your home. Just a thought... :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • pistol whip homer.webp
    pistol whip homer.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0
packfan_1982 said:
Usually when I get gas I throw out the boxes at the gas station.

Great minds think alike!!! As I pump gas I put have all the wrappers in the box and the box in a Wal-mart bag. It all goes in the trash can by the pump.
 
MalteseFalcon said:
I use a boxcutter to open one end of the machine-rolled rolls. Then slide the halves out. Check them, then put them back in the same rolls, and scotch tape over the ends.

I started doing that because it was getting too difficult to find half-dollar wrappers, and in the interest of 'good will', I did not want my bank to spend money on wrappers when letting me order boxes.
I did not want to give them any incentives to start charging me for my box orders.

So anyway, once done searching, I would just load the rolls back up in the original box and take it to my dump bank.

The original boxes were quarter boxes, as Brinks quit using actual half dollar boxes early last year.

Don't even get me started...................

Mojo
 
from the looks of your picture you've got a little home protection there.. someone might not wanna bust down your door!
 
Build ah fahr.......

Robin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom