What's new

Ok I have another strange object

Divalicious

Greenie
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Found this on local beach. It does draw to a magnet. I don't think it's a meteorite but maybe lava rock??

Any ideas?? Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • SANY0312.webp
    SANY0312.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 403
  • SANY0316.webp
    SANY0316.webp
    102.2 KB · Views: 539
Should we wack it open? It's pretty hard and this is after trying to clean it.
 
Upvote 0
Its a piece of rusty iron. There is no telling what it was. I have a bucket full of these from the Treasure Coast. I use electrolysis on a few but most of them I throw around my banana plants for the minerals..
 
Upvote 0
looks like it came out of a camp fire.....

db
 
Upvote 0
DanB said:
looks like it came out of a camp fire.....

db
Iron wont melt in a campfire. Its just rusted severely by the saltwater environment and pebbles are stuck to it. There may even be ashphalt or tar in the mix. Either way its worthless.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Its a piece of rusty iron. There is no telling what it was. I have a bucket full of these from the Treasure Coast. I use electrolysis on a few but most of them I throw around my banana plants for the minerals..

Yep! Looks like old beach iron. Tony
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom