Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
OK, I'm droolin' now....

Literally! Heheheheh....

Had an outing set up with Slowsweeper today, unfortunately I had some pain in my molar and had to get to the dentist today. That, coupled with a lack of research in the last few days (girlfriend visiting, Refrig went out, bill paying, and general upkeep on the house- you know all that stuff NORMAL people do....lol!) led me to call him this morning and postpone til tomorrow....

As luck would have it, I was able to sneak in a couple hours at a local park before my dentists appt. today. Guess what? A TOTAL PARK REDO IS UNDERWAY! We're talking a half acre where the top six inches of topsoil is stripped and waiting.....

Got there just in time to talk with the lead contractor before he got to work... turns out he used to be a detectorist back in the seventies. he was mighty impressed that I filled my holes and packed out my trash, even pointed out a few spots for me that he thought I might do good in!

The history on this place is pretty good, too. Used to be a shantytown during the depression, etc. and I have located several homesites within this park, with some nice goodies over the years. Only thing is the doggone topsoil is Sooooooooo loose, anything sinks quick unless it hits a rock or root.

Now the top six inches is gone......HEHEHEHEH! Talk about luck!

Are you ready Slow?

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: OK, I'm droolin' now....

Don't know about Slow but I am!! ;D Good luck and HH! Tell the dentist to just pack it quick as you have your own drilling to do, ;)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good luck you two...and keep us informed! :)

HH!
TBGO

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Look forward to seeing your finds Jeff!

Good Luck!

;)

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon

? ? ?Just got off the phone with Jeff. Problem. I HAVE TOO MUCH WORK TO DO HERE AT THE FARM!!!!? I CAN'T GET AWAY TODAY!!!!? >:( :-\ :'(
? ? ?Wait a minute. The to do list is shrinking right before my very eyes. I think I can get out of here by noon. IT'S A MIRACLE!!!? :) ;) :D ;D

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

OK Jeffro...I'm in Indy and I can probably drive there in 2 or 3 days ? :D ...Sounds fantastic. Good luck and keep us posted.

Dave

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heck with driving do you have room for a plane to land? HH Burdie
PS take pic's and post

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used

So here is the take so far- definately not what I'd hoped for, but it was a nice sunshiney day anyways....

2 dimes
1 wheatie (1956d)
3 cents
a gang of nails
a brass retaining nut of some sort
a brake cable sling from a bicycle
and 1 hinge- (I think this was probably the hinge that held S.America and Africa together at one point in time, how it got here to Eugene I'll never know ::) )

Attachments

• S4020311.jpg
    S4020311.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 221

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hmmmmm...how much of the park did you get to...the whole thing or just a part of it?? Can you hunt the dirt they removed? Glad you had a nice day out!

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used

I hunted two spots today, with precision.... the dirt pile that came out, and the raw ground that was scraped.........

There were several spots where the dirt was removed and only one pile that it was scraped into. thats where I got the wheatie.

There was tons of trash in the ground, obviously... but I was sweeping slow and had my sensitivity up with low discrimination. Most of these things came from 4 to 6 inches down. The hinge was a good foot down, but it was such a large target I had to see what it was....

Like I said, I was hoping for more but alas.....

Well this is an ongoing project, maybe another area of the park will produce more- at least I'm hoping! We shall see...! ;D

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon

Not much to add. Except that wet clay is some pretty nasty stuff. Doesn't even scrape off the trowel. Spent about an hour there. Ground phase reading in the mid 80's. Wish I owned a DD. Jeffro's right. A lot of iron in the ground. Like Jeffro said, maybe the next section will hold some goodies.

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon

Sorry Fleamistress. But don't feel bad. I'll bet the next thread about drooling WILL be about you. ;)

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fleamistress said:
Dang.? And here I thought this thread was about me. ;D

Cyn

Well, guess that deserves a mug shot in the Mug Shot Forum then. Come on fleamistress, not seeing you in there at all.
Now that you've opened the door to it... you have to prove yourself! ;)

Don't be shy now. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread