What's new

ok, need some help here...

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,049
Reaction score
9,282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I find these along a five mile stretch of beach in Washington...definitely not in one specific area. Here is what I know...

1. They are stone.
2. They are NOT artifacts.
3. They are not holes left over from a crystal that weathered away.
4. They are ALWAYS round.
5. The hole is always rectangular.
6. They can be thin and flat or conical or tubular....but the hole is always in the center or at the apex.
7. I even found one with some with druzy crystal encrustation within the hole.
8. The stone seems to be tight grained sandstone...something sedimentary in any case...

I don't have a clue what these are or how they are made...age etc.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01390.webp
    DSC01390.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 119
To me it looks like a fossil worm hole. When worms burrowed in the muddy sea floor millions of years ago, they secreted a fluid that allow the area around the burrows to mineralized easily. Just my best guess.
 
Glad you found a definitive answer! Looks like you have an amazing geological anomaly! Very cool! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom