What's new

OK Which Banks do you use? AndAnyway to find out their source?

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the majority of you use the big banks or try and use the local Town Banks? Can you ask them their source? So if a couple of banks may be using the same (special coin vault) vendor for change? Who knows a method that might be benificial? ( in not getting the same coins or unproductive ones?)
Thx Amigos
 
Upvote 0
I use a mix of of big banks and local town banks. I'm sure you could ask them their source but you might not get a straight answer if you haven't yet developed a relationship with one or more of the tellers/bank managers at your banks.

-Codes
 
ahhh...this is something many CRHers want an answer to....also the reason for so many marked coins....people trying to find out if thier getting thier own dumps back, people trying to search one banks source and dump at another so that in theory they are getting deeper into the pile....i think its more complicated than that and don't know of anyone here who will have "the answer"
that could be a good thing because if someone got "the answer" they would methodically pull most of the silver and we would be out of a hobby, as far as searching boxes goes, except for searching for recent drops in the form of loose and customer handrolls
i really believe its luck of the draw and being in the right place at the right time
hope this helps
 
I have the answer- but I was sworn to secrecy. HH anyways, Mark
 
the banks I buy from get their coins from Brinks, the banks I dump at get their coins from .......I am not going to say....lol, but it is not brinks, so hopefully I am not getting the same coins back
 
Well there is many factors in the mix. One factor is where you are located. ALL of the banks in my area get there coins from the same source... It doesnt matter if Brinks, Loomis, or Loomis and Fargo service the bank. Even the banks that are serviced by Brinks I DON'T get brinks rolls(clear plastic rolls) All of the rolls and boxes are from a CWI coin processing facility about 40 miles from here. So this CWI facility covers a large area. I know this from talking to the brach managers and also when I buy bags of coins sometimes they are already filled out with the destination of the coin processing facility. That is why I say it depends where you are. Becuase a lot of you on here get brinks rolls that are clear, my brinks roll come from CWI. I dont know if this answers you question but That is how it is here...
Jason
 
i wonder if the driver of the armored truck would tell you where they get them from? ??? ???thik i will ask the next time i see them
 
silvercop said:
i wonder if the driver of the armored truck would tell you where they get them from? ??? ???thik i will ask the next time i see them

Silvercop, since you are a police officer, you have the advantage of being trusted. you should ask the armor car driver while you are wearing your uniform. If the rest of us approach the driver, he will draw his gun on us.
 
LOL i hear ya. but i will say i have seen all the drivers in my town. the guys from brinks and loomis. i have commented on one of these guys before in another thread but i will say again there is one guy that i would not approach even in uniform. he looks to be about 70 years old with the build of barney fife. he gets out of the truck first with a shot gun and stands by the truck while the younger guy unloads and enters the bank. he looks like he would shoot first and ask questions later. i will ask the other guys i see. i have seen them before inside the bank and both are very friendly. i asked one of them one time did they have any extra money on the truck and he said yes i did but i have already took it all ;D ;D
 
In my area there are three distinctly different boxes.
Brinks uses the double-stacked box that is marked Brinks
CWI here uses the single-layer box with dark yellow ink and are stamped on top with the CWI # and date inspected. Loomis trucks seem to deliver these most of the time. These use NF String and Son wrappers.
Garda trucks deliver the same style flat box, but with light yellow ink and no stampings. The wrappers are plain white with black '$10 HALVES' on the sides.
 
well in my area the trucks that pull up says BRINKS, the rolls ar NOT plastic wrappers they are paper wrappers that say BRINKS on each roll, do your drivers in your area have un marked trucks??
 
Note which companies service your area banks. Brinks and Loomis are the big ones. Locate the area branch office for the carrier, and give them a call and ask which banks (branches) they service. Choose a supply bank and choose a dump bank. Make sure they are not serviced by the same company. If you want to ensure you are not getting your dumps back, then you might have to drive outside the service area. My dump banks are BoA which are serviced by Brinks. My supply banks are serviced by Loomis. On occasion, I drive to the Daytona area to dump as they are in a separate region than the Jacksonville branch.
 
I just use the Dark Force to make sure I am not getting my own dumps.

I take the dump coins to a bank that does not order halves, Does not like halves, and that will send them back to the FED.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom