woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The question was valid, but there's a reason it was ridiculed.

The OKM "Bionic" whatever is a so-called "LRL". LRL's exist in two basic types: the kind which are dowsing rods with fraudulent electronics attached, and the kind which comprise fraudulent electronics that don't even provide an effective means for dowsing. The former type are more popular because the dowsing rods at least provide a convenient way to fake it, whereas the other kind don't even provide a convenient way to fake it. Products characterized as "MFD" are usually of the fraudulent electronics dowsing rod type. There's a "Long Range Locators" forum here which is a better place to discuss LRL's, now that you know what it is you're dealing with. The Bionic isn't discussed on metal detecting forums because it doesn't detect metals, from the perspective of metal detection there's nothing to be discussed. There other OKM products which are evidently metal detectors of some sort which do get discussed in the context of metal detectors although the things are so expensive that very few people seem to have first-hand knowledge of the things to report. Mineoro is another company which manufactures a mixture of "real" and fraudulent apparatus.

My remarks above should not be construed to be an indictment of dowsing, which has some controversial issues for sure: however fraudulent representation of electronic apparatus is not an issue in "plain vanilla" dowsing. The owners of Treasurenet recognize this distinction and have provided a separate dowsing forum which is explicitly not for LRL's. You'll find that between the two forums the character of the controversies is quite different, since it is quite possible to accept dowsing while still rejecting LRL's as fraudulent.

--Dave J.

EDIT: I just checked the link. I see no evidence of a swivel (a swivel would put it into the "dowsing rod" category) but neither do I see concrete evidence that it has no swivel. The link is another superb example of what I call "read the advertisement!" What the heck is the product really, and what does it actually do really? There are no straight answers! Look for the specifications and you get Bluetooth, not metal detection. Given its painfully obvious similarity to prior art LRL's and complete lack of similarity to anything reputed to "work", one would reasonably expect an explanation as to what makes the OKM Bionic not in the LRL category, and why it should be regarded as apparatus that "works" despite its lack of similarity to other apparatus acknowledged to be of the kind that "works". But of course OKM ain't going to mention that if you have already checked out other LRL's, this is just another example of the type. OKM's older competitor Mineoro at least denies that their LRL's are dowsing apparatus, which (funnily enough) is actually the case (!), hence the long list of customers who have had the courage to post (on another forum) that they fell victim to the scam and found out the hard way they ain't gettin' their money back.

Last edited:

J__P

Jan 12, 2010
Hi folks,
any suggestion, opinion, personal experience with OKM BIONIC X4?

Bionic X4 long range gold detector with Android Smart Phone - OKM Metal Detectors

Cheers VV
From what I heard, all Bionic products are a scam.
These are basically a pair of fluxgate magnetometers configured as a gradiometer in a horizontal plane, and some added electronics to confuse the user to believe it is detecting something different than a magnetometer would detect. The truth is you could hire an electronic technician to build you a better gradiometer for under $200. You can read where the Bionic X4 was already discussed here: Bionic X4 - LongRangeLocators Forums

Keep in mind.. even the people who live in Germany where it is manufactured call it a piece of krap, better to buy a used Mercedes instead of a bionic X4.

Best wishes,
J_P

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Caesar II prototype, minelab xplorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I heard, all Bionic products are a scam.
These are basically a pair of fluxgate magnetometers configured as a gradiometer in a horizontal plane, and some added electronics to confuse the user to believe it is detecting something different than a magnetometer would detect. The truth is you could hire an electronic technician to build you a better gradiometer for under $200. You can read where the Bionic X4 was already discussed here: Bionic X4 - LongRangeLocators Forums

Keep in mind.. even the people who live in Germany where it is manufactured call it a piece of krap, better to buy a used Mercedes instead of a bionic X4.

Best wishes,
J_P

How can have licence to produce it and sell it if it is scam? And why people give positive feedback after buying them? Something like mafia?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy one and let us know how it works out. Oh yeah, you need to buy a Rover UC from them too to locate it after you find it. Lol

gianetics

Greenie
May 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am confused.... why was this request deemed as invalid?

because its total baloney. vote with your dollar however you want. a sucker is born everyday. if you invented such a device that actually worked why sell them just go find all the treasure in the world or take the million dollar challenge then take you million and sell the patent for even more millions. i should start making lrl if people are willing to spend money on crap like this i could get rich. sorry for being so harsh but extraordinary claims must have extraordinary evidence. just my .02

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread