Old book spanish treasure

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
I have an old book about the Civil War in Jasper County MO (1923) and in the forward of the book the author tells briefly about some Spaniards who had to quickly bury a treasure by present day Sarcoxie MO. This is the only reference to this that I am able to find and it sounds like all of the other Spanish treasure stories. They were traveling back towards present day St. Louis and the Indians were bothering them so they hid the treasure by a spring by Sarcoxie. I'm seeing a theme here about Spaniards and treasure and Indians. My question is why did the Indians always follow them for days and wait to attack until after they dug this giant hole and put said treasure in it? How does one go about finding more info on this legend?

OP
OP
R

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
Something that I forgot to mention is that I have been doing some work in Sarcoxie and the land owner told me about a spring that comes out of the ground on his place and has a cave by it. It may be worth checking out

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you have a book, a spring, and a cave... why are you posting on here? go find some loot!

OP
OP
R

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
I am betting that there are thousands of stories just like this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread