What's new

Old button - lead backing?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in the woods today along an old path digging many horse and mule shoes. I also dug this piece.
It looks like an old button with missing shank. :dontknow: It has a lead filled backing, is made of brass, and measures almost 26mm.
Do you think it's an old button or something else? :icon_scratch:
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-007S.webp
    MVC-007S.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 191
  • MVC-008S.webp
    MVC-008S.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 202
I always figured they were horse tack deco,and had a single stud on the back?
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
I always figured they were horse tack deco,and had a single stud on the back?
Never thought of that. Great guess. Thanks Kuger. :thumbsup:
Lots of very old horseshoes and bits along this path. I barely had time today, but will be giving it another shot this weekend.
Thanks,
MM
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom