What's new

Old button mill site LOTS of buttons and stuff

Kevlardini

Sr. Member
Joined
May 18, 2015
Messages
336
Reaction score
370
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I heard about this place from a friend, and ever since was dying to go. Today finally worked out and back in the woods hidden along an ancient foot path along the river, there appeared this unnatural clearing. Being me, I had to go check it out. However, As soon as I stepped foot on the clearing, I looked down and there were a few metal pieces strewn on the ground. Then I noticed some glass shards. Then suspender clips. Then little buckles! Then-Oh my gooosh! This is the site he was talking about. Literally, it seems like after the mill burned down, everything as dumped here. You could not dig ONE INCH without running into some sort of relic. Of course there was a lot of junk, but I managed a few cool finds. I needed no metal detector at all, because it would just have been continuously beeping with all the things around. I cannot wait to go back. I could spend days there and probably find something new every time.
IMG_2316[1].webpIMG_2317[1].webp IMG_2318[1].webpIMG_2319[1].webpIMG_2320[1].webp IMG_2321[1].webpIMG_2322[1].webpIMG_2323[1].webpIMG_2324[1].webpIMG_2325[1].webpIMG_2326[1].webpIMG_2327[1].webpIMG_2328[1].webpIMG_2329[1].webp


The sixth picture of the circular disk in my hand appears to have a fancy design underneath. Im gonna put it through electrolysis later to see if its actually something nice underneath.
Also in the fourth picture is that weird cast iron thing, kind of shaped like a tomahawk, but it isn't actually. Anyone got any ideas?
 
Upvote 12
Yeah it sure is. Honestly, most of it is probably legit junk, but I had fun digging, And that's what counts!
 
Now that's a productive spot! Nice finds and good luck when you get back there
 
Great spot. Should keep you busy for a while! :tongue3:
 
Interesting finds !
Kudos man , It takes much effort to search old mills .
I find them to be very exciting at times . My brother's home is Lexington , Mass 8-)
 
That's one huge pile of buttons.
 
You must have been there for awhile or that spot is loaded. Good find!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom