Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2][/h]
The Chesapeake Bay has many old beach (83+), 99% are now closed, sold and private. To hunt them one has to walk from a access point which can be from a few hundred yards to over a mile, unless you have a boat. First time out and I Love the boat because it's like a pit stop, you can take your breaks and spend more time at locations, change out machines or coils if you see the need. And with so many beach conditions you just never know what your going to encounter.

First trip out was a old private bay beach about 45 minutes south. Had a great time with my buddy Joe in Maryland who's parents had a beach house a few miles north of this location and his dad had ran a small produce stand at the beachcomber here in the 60's. Amazing Joe could still place all that was there during the 60's. Once hunting I could tell the locals had hit the place real hard, very recently, but both of us were able to pulled a few keepers...Mine was a old gold from the early 1900's. Next trip out, one of the sister beach's to this one in Annapolis.
OBN0157.jpg

Upvote 3

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! You gave me some ideas. I fly out to Maryland every couple of years to visit my wife's family near Westminster. Next time I might bring my water machine a try some of those beaches around the Chesapeake. I'd like to see a close up pic of the gold ring. It looks like a good one.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! You gave me some ideas. I fly out to Maryland every couple of years to visit my wife's family near Westminster. Next time I might bring my water machine a try some of those beaches around the Chesapeake. I'd like to see a close up pic of the gold ring. It looks like a good one.
Thank You CoolHand, I have several gold from last year from the bay. Still tons of treasure there...And Let me know we can hookup, I just retired so timing is no problem. I have a list of just about all in the bay, even the ones in the polluted waters of Delaware. I still have a few that I have names but no defined location yet.

OBN0155.jpg

And Thank You Casper

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to those who have found a way around the "you can't detect here " laws!
Great finds! Awesome!

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to those who have found a way around the "you can't detect here " laws!
Great finds! Awesome!

Thanks You MSBB, Maryland is a tuff state when hunting the land so that's why I went to the water. They made it very hard getting to these areas but there are still a few smart pirates with boats..

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got to Maryland, all the way at the top of the bay, but looks like I may have to hunt down a few of those beaches! Great finds!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats OBN! That is a nice one man! Love the Old Gold! When are ya coming south to try some looting? Conditions are better here than they were and the depositors were out in full force today!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the Pic I cannot tell what you found ! As long as you are having fun it's all good ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Doc and MaineRelic, fun it was .. the pirate ship

OBN0146.jpg

Doc it maybe a while before I head south, June 1st I be 4 months of at the OCMD .. But I will see you there....

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest: