What's new

old childs ring

ALAMOTX

Full Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
old child's ring

i found this ring by a 1878 house.

its missing the stone and appears to be brass or maybe copper :dontknow:

It looks too small for an adult ring, so it was probably a child's.

Any ideas on age, etc?

Thanks :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    11 KB · Views: 253
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 252
Re: old child's ring

Due to the two-piece construction (with the decorative top braised onto the ring itself), I'd say early 20th c.

Probably had a "paste jewel" in it at one time.
 
Upvote 0
Re: old child's ring

I agree with BB, and isn't "old child's" ring an oxymoron? Just struck me funny. M ::) nty
 
Upvote 0
Re: old child's ring

My opinion...
for what its worth,
the metal looks to be Silver
I've dug several early rings that I think are silver and they have that look to them.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom