What's new

Old cigar wrap?

krazyace

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
216
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they ever make them with metal?
 

Attachments

  • 44.webp
    44.webp
    87.6 KB · Views: 411
  • DSCF0003.webp
    DSCF0003.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 388
Yes it is very thin. I thought maybe a ring but after looking at it I am not so sure. Could it be a bolo?
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • band silverthing2.webp
    band silverthing2.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:

BCH is correct. It is a "lucky ring". Kanji character on the left means fortune. Not sure about the other two without more research but I'm confident they mean something like happiness, health, long life... You get the picture...

DCMatt

P.S. BCH - Just an FYI in the interest of "political correctness". The Asian community doesn't care for the word "Oriental" to describe them. ::) Not 100% sure what it's all about but I've been called on it more than once.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
bigcypresshunter said:

BCH is correct. It is a "lucky ring". Kanji character on the left means fortune. Not sure about the other two without more research but I'm confident they mean something like happiness, health, long life... You get the picture...

DCMatt

P.S. BCH - Just an FYI in the interest of "political correctness". The Asian community doesn't care for the word "Oriental" to describe them. ::) Not 100% sure what it's all about but I've been called on it more than once.
OK thanks. I will use Asian from now on.

So its a cheap ring?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
DCMatt said:
bigcypresshunter said:

BCH is correct. It is a "lucky ring". Kanji character on the left means fortune. Not sure about the other two without more research but I'm confident they mean something like happiness, health, long life... You get the picture...

DCMatt

P.S. BCH - Just an FYI in the interest of "political correctness". The Asian community doesn't care for the word "Oriental" to describe them. ::) Not 100% sure what it's all about but I've been called on it more than once.
OK thanks. I will use Asian from now on.

So its a cheap ring?

Yes. Cheap, gum machine prize, bendable, one-size-fits-all, finger ring.

It's an Ori.... I mean, an Asian one. :tongue3:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
If they are born and live in the Orient they are not Orientals? Dang, I get confused just from trying to keep up with political correctness. Heck I remember when they were called J aps and Chinks, but I would never do that. I am a White, Caucasion, Indian, German, English and Scotch American and I've been called everything on earth just about but I don't care. It's so confusing. M :help: nty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom