Jist Me

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2016
Ridgway Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this cool little clay marble out in an old miners camp it Carbon County Utah. I am not sure if it was from the miners children or Indian children but it sure is a cool find to me.

As for the crystal looking one I don't know yet I am still looking. I found this and a few more like it in an area referred to as the mounds around here. They were in a cliff face of the book cliff mountains also in carbon county.

So if you know what they are I would love the help cant find much that looks like it. I was thinking it was flint but I cant find any pics that look like mine.

:-) Stay happy! KIMG0142.jpg

Upvote 2

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Be careful, that could be cinnabar, a Mercury rich mineral that is toxic if ingested, inhaled or absorbed. It's safe in crystaline form, just don't eat it or sniff it :thumbsup:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
+Marble looks to be made of clay, but that is a guess. The rock looks like a conglomerate of sandstone(the cliff face) with a piece of weathered granite(top) containing a quartz crystal(a nice one). There is another one further down and yes, a chunk of flint.

Rockstone

Dec 4, 2013
Nevada, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this cool little clay marble out in an old miners camp it Carbon County Utah. I am not sure if it was from the miners children or Indian children but it sure is a cool find to me.

As for the crystal looking one I don't know yet I am still looking. I found this and a few more like it in an area referred to as the mounds around here. They were in a cliff face of the book cliff mountains also in carbon county.

So if you know what they are I would love the help cant find much that looks like it. I was thinking it was flint but I cant find any pics that look like mine.

:-) Stay happy! View attachment 1295099

The marble could be a Bennington. I have one that looks a lot like that. Very interesting reddish material in that rock.

Nephilim3883

Greenie
Jan 6, 2016
Crestwood, KY
Detector(s) used
Ground EFX MX200E, Gold Digger Land or Sea Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver (Backup), Cen-Tech Pinpointer (Modified, Backup)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The marble could be a Bennington. I have one that looks a lot like that. Very interesting reddish material in that rock.

Red beryl maybe? It's a cool find.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert, but it looks like Chert to me. It a sedimentary rock. Your rock has the definite appearance of being a sedimentary rock.

If you keep your nose to the ground, you may find some arrowheads made out of the same stuff.

OP
OP
J

Jist Me

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2016
Ridgway Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow so pretty but so deadly! Oxbowbarefoot

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jist Me

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2016
Ridgway Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert, but it looks like Chert to me. It a sedimentary rock. Your rock has the definite appearance of being a sedimentary rock.

If you keep your nose to the ground, you may find some arrowheads made out of the same stuff.

I have found many color arrowhead ...not one like this that would be cool!

OP
OP
J

Jist Me

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2016
Ridgway Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are way cool! I liked the part where they were used as ballast on boats and then sold when they got over here. Would be cool if it had traveled so far to end up in my collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread