Correct rulerMoe (fl) said:I believe you have a Licinius Roman coin (308-324AD).
Obverse Legend: IMP LICINIVS AVG
Obverse: Laureate curiassed bust left
Reverse Legend: IOVI CONSERVATORI AVGG
Reverse: Jupiter standing left holding Victory, wreath
Here is similar Licinius coin.
can't find the exact match yet :P but these two are pretty clost 
I can't find the exact officina letter to the rightMoe (fl) said:Silver_searcher,
I agree that the coin pic was not the exact match. It was there for reference and to show the similar legend.
HH!
-Moe
it wasn't on the site I used http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/licinius_I/t.htmlSilver Searcher said:I can't find the exact officina letter to the rightMoe (fl) said:Silver_searcher,
I agree that the coin pic was not the exact match. It was there for reference and to show the similar legend.
HH!
-Moeit wasn't on the site I used http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/licinius_I/t.html
Silver Searcher....PS there is another user called Silver_Searcher, just in case you get us both mixed up
SS

Yep....also a Silver Surfer I believenowheels7 said:Silver Searcher said:I can't find the exact officina letter to the rightMoe (fl) said:Silver_searcher,
I agree that the coin pic was not the exact match. It was there for reference and to show the similar legend.
HH!
-Moeit wasn't on the site I used http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/licinius_I/t.html
Silver Searcher....PS there is another user called Silver_Searcher, just in case you get us both mixed up
SS
Is there![]()

Moe (fl) said:I believe you have a Licinius Roman coin (308-324AD).
Obverse Legend: IMP LICINIVS AVG
Obverse: Laureate curiassed bust left
Reverse Legend: IOVI CONSERVATORI AVGG
Reverse: Jupiter standing left holding Victory, wreath
Here is another Licinius coin for reference.
Thanks, for all the help and discussion. I am not a coin collector and thought this was an unusual coin to find out here in the desert.CRUSADER said:Mint looks like SMN - Nicomedia (Turkey) (which SS posted)
Its called a AE3 ( Should be circa 18-19mm)
The rest you already have![]()
memoryz said:Thanks, for all the help and discussion. I am not a coin collector and thought this was an unusual coin to find out here in the desert.CRUSADER said:Mint looks like SMN - Nicomedia (Turkey) (which SS posted)
Its called a AE3 ( Should be circa 18-19mm)
The rest you already have![]()