Old Coins, Old Artifacts, Old Gold. The Gold Streak Continues.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Got out a little late last week and over the weekend for a few hrs hear and there.

Thursday me and my son went out in the evening for a few hrs. We got one nice marble and a 5 cent token.

It's a large one about the size of a half. I have found other one's that are the same but are only worth 1 cent.

It's in bad shape. But it says on the back deposit in farmers bank of Pittsburgh before Jan 1st 1918 and your account would be credited a nickle.

Saturday, I decided to hunt over my brothers way. We went to the pirate game to see bonds. I took him my wife gets tickets all the time from her work.

We figured we would head down to some cellar holes near his house. It started slow but Lance managed a colonial button and a war nickle.

Site has a ton of iron and trash. Makes hunting tough at times. Before we got out of the woods there was another cellar hole were we parked.

We hit them before hear and there with some results. As soon as we got there I dug a token.

It says on the front suburban hotel 5 cents. Then it says J. Sauerburger. Don't know anything about this token. Back is blank and it isn't in the best of shape either.

Not more than 5ft away I dig up a really nice Pittsburgh Railways button. It is a large one about the size of a quarter. It has a solid one piece shank on the back. It's backed marked extra quality.

Both items were in the 8 inch deep range.

Does anyone know when it dates. I have others but this one is different. I'm guessing at least 100 yrs old.

We continued to hunt then my bad day took over. I got stung by a bee in the calf. I just got stung 2 weeks ago in the other calf cutting the grass.

Bad thing is I have been stung so many times that they are worse everytime. My leg swells up for 3 days. Never happened when I was younger but now it does.

So we decided it was time to pack it up. Thought my bad luck was over. Got down to my car packed it up went to pull away on this bad dirt and potholed back road and tear the exhaust off the wife's car.

Man was I pissed. Good thing I am a decent home mechanic. It came off at the end of the converter at the back of the engine block.

It was so loud and embarrassing. I almost called a tow truck but drove it home anyways.

Took me Saturday and Sunday to bolt it all back up. Good thing there was no damage to the converter or the exhaust system. Then I found a vacuum leak coming from the bottom of the air box to the exhaust manifold.

Anyone who works on cars knows were I am coming from. Car on ramps back getting broken and heat at 90.

Saturday wasn't the day to bother with me. Went to the game felt better and fixed it sunday.

We decided to go out me my brother and son. As soon as we get to the site the most brutal thunder storm came through.

No hunting for us. We tried to wait it out but not this one. Drove home and got some food.

Decided to go back out after the rains a few hrs later. That's when I got the gold ring. I dug a Indian and then about 5 ft away got the nice small really old not marked gold ring. Most likely 9 carat gold.

Got 2 wheat's and a really nice 1922 Pittsburgh railways token. The indian was a 1890.

I also dug the spoon pictured at least 12 inches. Its made by the hall and Elton co. It's gotta be real old. It was broke already and looked to be purposly buried there.

It has a roman looking soldier at the top. Thought it was a cool spoon. It is a really large spoon.

Sorry for the super long post. Needed to vent out all the frustration.

Thanks for looking,

HH Jer

Attachments

• Ring Just Rinced.jpg
    Ring Just Rinced.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 834
  • Ring cleaned up.jpg
    Ring cleaned up.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 855
  • Railways button.jpg
    Railways button.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 846
  • Roman looking spoon.jpg
    Roman looking spoon.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 846
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here are the relics from the hunt everyone.

HH Jer

Attachments

• July relics.jpg
    July relics.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 827
  • Old Valve relics.jpg
    Old Valve relics.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 834
R

realmhunter

Some real good finds from the haul.. Its really nice that you and your son can spend some time together doing something you both enjoy.. ;D I am sorry about the exaust system but it seems you 2 had some fun.. Keep the mds swinging..RH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice combo of hunts Jer! That signet ring is an awesome find, love the tokens. If I don't get a 4X4 soon I'm gonna rip off my mufler as well. HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well at least you got some good ones. I love those old rings. Yours is very Sweet. ;D ;D

This last weekend we saw a ton of yellow jackets - mostly in the sun. Nate didn't want to get stung so was avoiding the areas were the bees were. sorry to hear about getting stung. If it's any consolation - I got sunburn on the tops of my feet and they have been itching like crazy the last few days. ::)

Bob

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs my friend, excellent! ;)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone,

Sorry I was so slow. I was working on another site putting alot of photos together. Others on here use it. It's not a treasure hunting forum.

It's just a site that allows you to store photos and send them to different web sites.
Pretty cool I had some fun doing it. Now I am back.

It's great spending time with my boys. They get deadly though and I grow a few greys out in the field when were together.

Thanks Mighty, I do but I didn't then. You know how it is.

The gold rings I find I polish them as if they were taken to a jewler. So they turn out great I think.

Mirage, I don't blam him. The yellow jackets are rough this year. The one that got me a few weeks ago felt like a damn b.b gun shot me. No lie I'm not a sissy either. There bad this year.

I feal better knowing your in pain to man lol. Bee stings are itchy as hell also.

Thanks again for all the replies everyone.

HH Jeremy

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck but at least you had some good luck on making some excellent finds.The gold ring is absolutely awesome.Nice job on cleaning it up.The railway button and the tokens are all great finds.Hopefully the bumps have cleared for you on lifes highway.Take it easy and HH!

M

mchamby

Very nice looking ring Jer and relics also, it looks like you did a lot of digging. Vehicles are great when they are working right and a damn pain in the a$$ when their not. HH
Mchamby

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring is a beauty! I'm still waiting on my first gold, it'll happen I suppose.

Thanks for sharing and keeping my hopes up,
Ramapirate

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Things are back to normal now.

I have found like 6 of these rings in 2 different spots. All different a little but the same style.

Hang in there Pirate. It will come to you. Gold is a pain to find at times.

Thanks groundfisher, I was just having a bad day. I'm sure we all have had them. Everything seems to go wrong

HH Jeremy

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck Jer! But just think...now you got it out of the way! ;) I think your finds more than made up for it too! 8) Beautiful finds as always! Thanks for sharing...your posts are always an inspiration.

Congrats! Nana ;)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

Glad I can be of some inspiration to someone out there.

I guess we all have that day every now and then. Your right it's nice to get it out of the way.

I've been wanting to go out and hunt all week. But this heat will kill you right now here in p.a.

On Aug 18 through the 26th I'll be in myrtle beach. Anyone live near that area wanna join up for a hunt let me know.

I'd be more than happy to help someone out if I can.

HH Jeremy

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds !
keep posting :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread