What's new

OLD FAIRGROUND FINDS

Swanie1

Jr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
94
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & XL500 SEAHUNTER-PULSE
I am posting a few pictures of my finds in a plowed field, about 25 miles from my home, that was a county fairgrounds until 1957 but is, now, a farm field. Obviously, any coin over one cent denomination is SILVER and the newest cents are in the 50's. I have hunted this field for years and, always, find silver, there. Each time it is plowed or worked up it churns up more coins. I'm anxious for the spring thaw so I can get back there. Fortunately, I'm the only person the owner will let hunt it.
 

Attachments

  • 06-11-16 Fairground.webp
    06-11-16 Fairground.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 3,186
  • Fairground Finds(trip 2).webp
    Fairground Finds(trip 2).webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 3,142
  • Fairgrounds 11-03-07.webp
    Fairgrounds 11-03-07.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,148
  • Fairgrounds 11-13-07.webp
    Fairgrounds 11-13-07.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,141
  • 06-11-16 Fairground.webp
    06-11-16 Fairground.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 3,150
  • Fairground Finds(trip 2).webp
    Fairground Finds(trip 2).webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 3,149
  • Fairgrounds 11-03-07.webp
    Fairgrounds 11-03-07.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,155
  • Fairgrounds 11-13-07.webp
    Fairgrounds 11-13-07.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,137
Upvote 0
Lucky lucky you! I can't even get the county to acknowledge my request to hunt the local fairgrounds. It's been there since 1917. I can only imagine what I could find!
Have fun!
 
NICE FINDS!! CONGRATULATIONS!
You've got some spot!
HH

John
 
Very nice silver, I have not dug ANY silver in my whole MD'ing career, which has been a few months. lol
 
There is a place near me like that but they built it all up :(

Nice finds
 
Keep your eyes peeled for arrowheads after it rains! Awesome finds! Nice territory! :thumbsup:
 
Man I need to get me one of them old quarters. Oldest Mercury dime is 1920 and I see you have no problems turnin them up. GOOD JOB.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom