What's new

Old farm equipment too?

I’ll guess a rusted/corroded out battery holder. Battery sat on it?
 
Upvote 0
I’ll guess a rusted/corroded out battery holder. Battery sat on it?


Hmmm, that one never crossed my mind, but like a Model T ear or something perhaps I guess? Interesting. Thanks for the reply!
 
Upvote 0
I think your find is the remains of the cast iron internal vent on an old wood stove maybe even an old shepherds wood stove.
 
Upvote 0
The usual rusty pieces of stratified iron from under some agricultural machinery.
I myself am engaged in metal detection and recently bought a small tractor for this purpose from heming-engineering.co.uk which copes with this task perfectly. I have already found quite a lot of metal using this tractor. And I very often came across such metal fragments of various mechanisms or equipment. So I suspect this is the wreckage of parts of some equipment related to agriculture. It's very important to know where you found it. Thus, you can cut off some options, or direct the thought to a certain option.
 
Upvote 0
This signal was driving me crazy and was about a foot and a half deep down!

I have found a number of farm implements (particularly, teeth for a harrow) on my property, about 10-11 inches down. Seems like an unusual depth without having been actually buried. But, there were about 10 of them within a very small area, about a 3 foot square. Pictured below, look like spikes.
 
Upvote 0
I’ll guess a rusted/corroded out battery holder. Battery sat on it?

Agree. Possibly the remains of a tractor battery tray.
 
Upvote 0
To me it looks like a piece of old running board.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom