Old finds - 2 photos

no2pencil

Nov 15, 2023
Fort Lauderdale FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
PI King underwater hand held
Wanted to share some of my old finds - one batch is all sidewalk finds. I used to live in Baltimore & work just outside of DC, so I was always finding interesting coins from around the world.

coins-02.jpg
The Jamaican $20 coin (which I believe is about 5 cents?) I found in a grass path between the sidewalk & the Oriole stadium parkinglot. It's just outside of a park where a lot of meth heads would hang out. It was a really strange find. Continuing on the left column, I'm not sure what this coin is or where I found it. The coin in the bottom left I believe is a Euro 5 cent?
On the right column, I don't recall if it was the square hole or the circle hole, I found this coin in Baltimore at ticket booth for boat tours in the harbor. The bottom right is an Egyptian coin that I found in DC just randomly on the sidewalk.

coins-01.jpg
The second photo is my metal detector finds. The dime was my first underwater coin that I found while snorkeling in Jenson beach. The quarter I found in the cemetery in Saint Augustine. I did not yet have a metal detector when I found this. Just looking down & I saw "America" sticking out of the dirt. The penny is from 1959, & I found this in Daytona Beach last year after hurricane season. It looked brand new when I pulled it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread