May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the local common for a bit of tuff digging, I enjoy this from time-to-time as it takes me to my roots & its good practice for deep targets.

Started slow with a couple of early 1900s Halfpennies, then I hit the sound I like & dug a deep 1690s William III halfpenny (nearly blank), so I concentrated on this area & got another deep sound. Very deep but a little large sounding, dug it anyway but broken my long term friend whilst doing it (The Spade). So after 1 hour it was all over & it only turned out to be a modernish compact :laughing9:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,225
Upvote 0
:'( :'( :'(

Your World War 11 trench spade like mine :o :o

SS

RIP (Spade) :'( Nice finds Cru. :thumbsup: But as much digging as you do it was probably wore to a nub anyway. ;D
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Gutted for you mate :-\ Can it be fixed? Please say it can be fixed :laughing7:

congrats on wearing a shovel thin :headbang: time to burn a new leaf over and start Ch. 2 :o

Maybe not RIP yet! If you have a friend in the welding business you can have them resurrect it!
Although......you could bury it for the next digger from the centuries beyond.

DMN said:
Although......you could bury it for the next digger from the centuries beyond.

Darn!! I was just going to say that.

Sorry for your loss Cru. I'll give the old spade a minute of silence when i get home from work.

The only good thing is , if it is an old WWII U.S Army spade you should be able to find another on as they are still all over the world to be found or bought !

I have my Grandfathers that he gave me when I was a kid , still use it and it is still as good as the day I got it. Bummer that yours got broke though .

Congrats on a nice day

Whats the large shiny thing on pic 2??

Cheers and thanks for showing us some guides, its a good idea to go back to the basics from time to time.

Cheers

Nutria

Silver Searcher said:

SS

No, no, thats my spare, so will be using it if my fix doesn't work. My other one I like better as its walking stick hieght & very light. :icon_thumright:

shaun7 said:
I have tried to glue & tape it, along with the fixed handle its looking a little worse for wear, but may have some life left :P

CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

No, no, thats my spare, so will be using it if my fix doesn't work. My other one I like better as its walking stick hieght & very light. :icon_thumright:

shaun7 said:
I have tried to glue & tape it, along with the fixed handle its looking a little worse for wear, but may have some life left :P

Oh, it wasn't the original break then :icon_scratch:

I'd like to see it as it is now :laughing7:

Hi CRUSADER, you see i did it right know :thumbsup:
That's a shame, but the spade will be hung on the wall with the date you bought it and the date it broke ;D

So sorry to hear your old friend had a fatal accident...that great scrap yard in the sky :(

I've buried old friends..

My mistake is sitting on the ground and tossing one of my digging-implements behind me. Two hours later I stand up,count my implements "Okay,here's #one.here's #two. Where's #three?". Oh,oh. Number three is buried under a ton of sand,rocks and boulders that I tossed behind me while digging.

Good news, I think my fix is strong enough to work. I will take it with me next time (with my spare) & try it. Fingers crossed, I've brought it back to life,,,

Indianhead Jones said:
Spade is gone now...now the healing begins...always remember the good times! :dontknow:

By the way....nice finds! :thumbsup:

Larry G. :)

I second Larry's comments remember the great fellowship times and each dig

Nutriasub said:
Congrats on a nice day

Whats the large shiny thing on pic 2??

Sorry, forgot to reply:

Its a ladies compact

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back