What's new

Old Gold Tag?

D-minus

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3, ACE 250
I went out for the first time with my new V3 today (love it) and this is the first thing that popped up. I found it on a beach. I got pretty excited when it registered gold. I looks like a tag of some kind that reads 155 W.S.C 1920. It looks gold but I can't tell if it's plated, gilded or all gold. Doesn't look like there's anything on the back. Anyone have any idea what this may have been for?

Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • TagFront.webp
    TagFront.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 431
  • TagBack.webp
    TagBack.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 406
Looks like a brass dog tax tag??...shaped like an acorn??
Would there be a W.....S....County in the area??
 
Upvote 0
jopher said:
Looks like a brass dog tax tag??...shaped like an acorn??

It does have an acorn shape to it. It's a little larger than a quarter in size. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
D, you should try to get a better picture of that tag, as it looks way better in person. AWESOME day yesterday :headbang: , and looking forward to hunting with you again. Give me a ring next time you want to hit that beach.
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Brass hotel baggage tag.


Pretty cool

I think you nailed it. I found it on the beach in Atlantic City in front of several hotels. I'll have to do some research and find out which hotel W.S.C. was. I'm sure the name has changed by now.

@ DFX
We'll have to get out again next weekend :icon_thumright:

@ Broken Knee
I think I did read somewhere that Squirrels were sportin' bling in those days. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Kieth-Tx said:
I believe it is a New Jersey Dog Tag like Jopher mentioned....

http://www.pl8s.com/platestand-dogs.htm

jopher, kieth

Thanks for the input and the link. The old New Jersey dog tag listed is the same acorn shape and since I found this in NJ.....

Also couldn't find any hotel references to W.S.C.

I wonder where W.S.C. is?

I'll mark this one solved. Thanks all.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a dual county tag.....Warren/Sussex
Goin way out on a limb??
 
Upvote 0
jopher said:
Maybe a dual county tag.....Warren/Sussex
Goin way out on a limb??

Could be. I can't seem to find any other counties that match the initials.
 
Upvote 0
Didn't Warren County separate from Sussex County prior to 1920?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Didn't Warren County separate from Sussex County prior to 1920?

I don't know but if they did maybe they kept that part of gov't common and combined the name to save $$$. Just a wild guess.
 
Upvote 0
D-minus said:
IronSpike said:
Didn't Warren County separate from Sussex County prior to 1920?

I don't know but if they did maybe they kept that part of gov't common and combined the name to save $$$. Just a wild guess.

I was thinking in the same lines. Warren County founded in 1825 separated from Sussex County:

http://www.co.warren.nj.us/about.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom