Old High School Ring found

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My Buddy who hunts very little hit an old river swim beach that we have hit since the 1970's. It was swim beach in the 1940's and 50's and then turn into a private house. Later in the late 1970's it turned into a commercial property.Now the beach sits at the end of a parking lot and see's little use. The last time I hunted it was 1992.The beach area at high tide is 15 ft wide at low about 100 ft. He found this HS 1946 class ring 10k in the wet sand between tides. 4 inches deep. I think I need to revisit this beach.I should add that another guy I know started water hunting here in the 1970's with a Bountyhunter BFO strapped to his head. He found hundred's of rings from these three beaches though the 1980's
The ring is marked and we plan on trying to find the 82 year old that lost it to hear the story of his loss.

Attachments

• IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 615
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I hope you can find the owner and get some neat stories. Keep us posted of you find him and get pics.....Matt

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.... I wonder how long that was in the ground? For 10k, it really is in fantastic shape since I assume the water is at least brackish (you mention tide influence)... Usually they turn kind of dark, I can almost always tell 10k yellow gold since it really darkens more than 14k or above..
Very nice!

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To answer some the ring was cleaned with tooth paste and a tooth brush prior to my pictures. The river is brackish, and 5 miles from the ocean. I am going to give it a hunt on Sunday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread