What's new

old knife found in ghost town, whats the history of it?

Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
The story behind this:

when my mother was eight years old, she was exploring a ghost town somewhere in utah with her family. she found this in the ghost town, and kept it with the other kitchen utensils for a few decades. a few years ago i found it in that same drawer in her old house, and she told me about it. just recently i found it again, and was curious about exactly what it is.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2635.webp
    DSCN2635.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 663
  • DSCN2636.webp
    DSCN2636.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 653
  • DSCN2637.webp
    DSCN2637.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 655
  • DSCN2641.webp
    DSCN2641.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 643

Attachments

  • 1_72571a888b8820ff54123a5c502027a8.webp
    1_72571a888b8820ff54123a5c502027a8.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
Oh,yea,WELCOME!!!!!Great link and thanks I.Spike!!
 
Upvote 0
i had one like it too. they fetch a good price on ebay
 

Attachments

  • welcome.webp
    welcome.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 634
  • 444.webp
    444.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 632
  • welcome.webp
    welcome.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 617
Upvote 0
wow, thanks for the warm welcome and the info! its really nice to figure out what it is. :)
 
Upvote 0
Nice knife. I never had one but always looked at it when I went to the hardware store. Welcome to Tnet!

Doug
 
Upvote 0
My father-in-law had one he used to clean ducks and quail in the late 1940s and 1950s. He was quite a bird hunter. I have it now and the blade has been sharpened so many times it looks like a filet knife. Was not an expensive knife to begin with but it was a good utility knife for the averate joe. monty
 
Upvote 0
I still have mine from when i was a kid and that was
a few years ago. Jimbob
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
I had one when I was a kid,carried it as a hunting knife
Monty said:
My father-in-law had one he used to clean ducks and quail in the late 1940s and 1950s. He was quite a bird hunter. I have it now and the blade has been sharpened so many times it looks like a filet knife. Was not an expensive knife to begin with but it was a good utility knife for the averate joe. monty
jimbob450 said:
I still have mine from when i was a kid and that was
a few years ago. Jimbob
traderoftreasure said:
i had one like it too. they fetch a good price on ebay
Bum Luck said:
Yeah, it is so old that I had one as a kid too. :)
I have one too. Its rusting in my old tackle box. I used it to cut bait. I didnt realize it was old or had value. Then again I need to remember that I am old lol.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom