What's new

Old lock need help with identification

nova

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
926
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this lock and searched the net to nothing avail it measures 2.5 X 2. I would like to know the name of the co. As initials on lock itself.
I have not attempted to clean it to find a makers mark.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3275.webp
    IMG_3275.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3276.webp
    IMG_3276.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3279.webp
    IMG_3279.webp
    362.6 KB · Views: 87
I think it is probably an old railroad lock but I haven't been able to match it yet....
 
Upvote 0
antique.padlocks.com/ padlock index w. htm
 
Upvote 0
Cool find, congrats!!!
 
Upvote 0
Found a thread on another site with no pictures. Descriptuon sounds the same, they determined it was made by Romer & Co. and it could have possibly been made for one of these:
Wharton & Northern
Wilmington & Newbern
Wilmington & Northern
Wisconsin & Northern
Worcester & Nashua
Worcester & Norwich
Wilmington & Newbern

doesnt narrow it down much, but atleast there is someone else research to build on. Without pics of that one its hard to say if its the same one.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom