🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found today at the same old dump :D

ForumRunner_20130408_200457.png

"Mason's Patent Nov 30 1858"

There is no logo beneath "Mason's" nor anywhere else, which leads me to believe it's one of the older ones. Shortly after John Mason patented the screw-top in 1858, companies were scrambling to license the patent and by the 1870s were mass-producing their own. Licensed companies kept the "Mason's Pat. Nov 30 1858" at first, soon adding their own logos into the phrase and then replacing it altogether when the patent reissue expired in 1878.

This jar is a deep aqua color, which is the most common of the colors to find. Right now I'm trying to clean it out with Efferdent, which seems to be working. If it works on the inside I will likely soak the jar in it as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 3

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
A guy I know has a tumbler that he made, he uses it to clean bottles and jars. I need to take a look at it and build one. I tried to buy it but he wont sell it.
That's a nice jar. I've been collecting fruit jars since the 80's. 160+ different ones. If I get a chance I'll look it up in my red book. I should be able to tell you something about it, but I don't retain well. :-) Might have something to do with being a teen in the 60's and 70's. :-)

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A guy I know has a tumbler that he made, he uses it to clean bottles and jars. I need to take a look at it and build one. I tried to buy it but he wont sell it.
That's a nice jar. I've been collecting fruit jars since the 80's. 160+ different ones. If I get a chance I'll look it up in my red book. I should be able to tell you something about it, but I don't retain well. :-) Might have something to do with being a teen in the 60's and 70's. :-)

A friend of mine is thinking of building one. He thinks it should be easy, some PVC pipe with end caps and a small motor. He was saying you could use the wheels and wheel frame from a pair of rollerblades for support. Sounds like a great idea but I ain't giving up my Missions for that lol...

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool mason jar!!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow great jar!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions