What's new

Old Medal? Delaware to Mississippi

R_Arn15

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
72
Reaction score
332
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Ms.
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800
Older Whites IDX PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the permission where I found the tax tokens and Wheaties today. My buddy found and 1895 Indian and I found this old medal Its folded as you can see but the writing is legible. It says The great state of Delaware and has two dates on it 1793 I believe and 1847. It has a small loop at the top like it hung from something else. Its a little bigger than a quarter I would say if it was flat. The good Lord only knows how it traveled to south Mississippi. Any help with ID would be appreciated

Medal1.webp


Medal2.webp
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Looks like this example that Deftone identified, except yours is in brass and this one is in silver. :thumbsup:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • il_fullxfull.1625866802_prs7-crop.webp
    il_fullxfull.1625866802_prs7-crop.webp
    167.7 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
Nice find. Congratulations
 
Upvote 0
Really cool find
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom