What's new

Old mill coins

kikmc5

Greenie
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Haymarket Va
Detector(s) used
At Pro, MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these at an old mill site. Dug 8 holes. 4 coins, shotgun shell, cut nail and two pieces junk iron. coins0815.webp
1877 seated liberty dime
1899 barber quarter
1 silver reale date worn off
1955 d wheatback
 
Upvote 36
Welcome to Tnet, your off to a great start.
 
That is the best 8 holes production I have seen in awhile. And three nice silvers to boot.
 
Well done, , those seated coins are far and few in between each find .
 
kik nice Mill finds .
Welcome first time poster! :occasion14: joined in 2012 ??? ok

CMD
 
Last edited:
Nice first post. Three tough to get bucket listers no less
 
Great finds, congrats and welcome to the T.
 
Thanks I posted a couple years ago but havent been digging since finding places to go gets harder every year. Lived in culpepper and winchester va when younger any place was good.
 
Welcome to the Net! Great looking coins ya have there only a few holes. That quarter is sweeeeeet!
 
that "1 real" coin appears to be bigger than the quarter. You got yourself a 2 Real!
 
Nice - I always wonder if mill sites are good for anything other than relics and rust. I'm a coin guy but I never really check mills too much.
 
Craziest thing... my wife has an Aunt and Uncle, they live in Haymarket, VA... and not long ago I asked them if there was any old areas to detect in town... Uncle Bill says..."no, not really..."

Congrats on your great finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom