What's new

Old Other Than Coke Bottles

texmarke

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I never heard of Nu Grape, Try Me, or Double Strength-Sugar Beverage. The Nu Grape bottle needs some cleaning. Does anyone know about cleaning the sediment from old bottles?
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    229.2 KB · Views: 349
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    124.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    109 KB · Views: 389
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 410
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    109.1 KB · Views: 336
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    99.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    120.3 KB · Views: 314
I clean them with C.L.R. & small pebbles swirled around in the bottle..
 
Prairie Prowler said:
I clean them with C.L.R. & small pebbles swirled around in the bottle..
I would use sand an not pebbles... How I clean sick bottles is I go to dollar tree an buy THE WORKS TOLIET CLEANER.. I then soak the bottles for a few days in a water mix of the works an use bottle brush after rinsing Make sure you use gloves cause this has very very small amount of hydro cloric acid in it...
 
texmarke ~

Welcome to the forum. You found some totally cool "Deco" bottles there. They are very collectible - especially in excellent condition.

As for cleaning ... Everyone has their personal favorite - mine is 24 hour white vinegar soaking for rust - and then soap and water and a heavy wire with a rag on the tip - plus lots of elbow grease! And "Barkeepers Friend" when necessary. Plus a few other odds and ends like scratchy sponges. Don't use SOS on painted label bottles!

Thanks for sharing.

SBB

[ Before & After ]
 

Attachments

  • RC Bottle Result (283x700).webp
    RC Bottle Result (283x700).webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 245
  • RC Bottle Vinegar (362x700).webp
    RC Bottle Vinegar (362x700).webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 260
  • RC Bottle Tools (700x299).webp
    RC Bottle Tools (700x299).webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 229
  • RC Bottle Bar Keepers Friend (217x413).webp
    RC Bottle Bar Keepers Friend (217x413).webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 239
  • RC Bottle Rusted (263x700).webp
    RC Bottle Rusted (263x700).webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 242
  • RC Bottle Rusted (263x700).webp
    RC Bottle Rusted (263x700).webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 219
  • RC Bottle Result (283x700).webp
    RC Bottle Result (283x700).webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 222
  • RC Bottle Bar Keepers Friend (217x413).webp
    RC Bottle Bar Keepers Friend (217x413).webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 197
  • RC Bottle Tools (700x299).webp
    RC Bottle Tools (700x299).webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 203
  • RC Bottle Vinegar (362x700).webp
    RC Bottle Vinegar (362x700).webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom