What's new

Found a new old glass bottle dump.....Looking to see if.......

Sweetrazz

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
97
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Monterey ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi recently I found a old glass bottle dump in Monterey ca. Some of you might already know where I am talking about or maybe not. I have been digging for old bottles for a few years now but still learning. This bottle dump that I came across has so much and I mean so much glass. Not just boring clear glass...there is red, purple, sea foam, cobalt blue and carnival glass is what Ive seen so far. I found a few bottle and a makeup compact. I am sure there are many more bottle! The thing is I dont know how to dig without breaking them. I wanted to see if there was anyone who like to go digging for old bottles and also has some experience digging for bottles. If so maybe we can go together and learn something. Anyways message me!!
 
Hi recently I found a old glass bottle dump in Monterey ca. Some of you might already know where I am talking about or maybe not. I have been digging for old bottles for a few years now but still learning. This bottle dump that I came across has so much and I mean so much glass. Not just boring clear glass...there is red, purple, sea foam, cobalt blue and carnival glass is what Ive seen so far. I found a few bottle and a makeup compact. I am sure there are many more bottle! The thing is I dont know how to dig without breaking them. I wanted to see if there was anyone who like to go digging for old bottles and also has some experience digging for bottles. If so maybe we can go together and learn something. Anyways message me!!
When I was younger we dug up thousands of bottles from old dumps/ghost towns.
Tools for digging:
: Probe
:Shovel
:Long/short handled 3 tine scratchers
:Garden trowel
:Good gloves
You've located the dump so most of the digging now will be with the scratchers or trowel. The scratchers really help in pulling out the broken material from the dirt.

51f1sFqOR3L._AC_SL1500_.webp
 
Hi recently I found a old glass bottle dump in Monterey ca. Some of you might already know where I am talking about or maybe not. I have been digging for old bottles for a few years now but still learning. This bottle dump that I came across has so much and I mean so much glass. Not just boring clear glass...there is red, purple, sea foam, cobalt blue and carnival glass is what Ive seen so far. I found a few bottle and a makeup compact. I am sure there are many more bottle! The thing is I dont know how to dig without breaking them. I wanted to see if there was anyone who like to go digging for old bottles and also has some experience digging for bottles. If so maybe we can go together and learn something. Anyways message me!!
Forget the bottles, if your close to Panther Beach, you should look for Drakes Plate of Brass. :laughing7: Although a good Bottle dump can be a fun excavation.👍
 
When I was younger we dug up thousands of bottles from old dumps/ghost towns.
Tools for digging:
: Probe
:Shovel
:Long/short handled 3 tine scratchers
:Garden trowel
:Good gloves
You've located the dump so most of the digging now will be with the scratchers or trowel. The scratchers really help in pulling out the broken material from the dirt.

View attachment 2240428
Thank you and appreciated
 
.. This bottle dump that I came across has so much and I mean so much glass. Not just boring clear glass...there is red, purple, sea foam, cobalt blue and carnival glass is what Ive seen so far....
Years ago, when I was actively digging dumps, I saved all the glass shards I found. I would then build a walnut frame with two pieces of glass with 1 1/2 inches between them. I would fill the void with a good mix of the shards to hang in a window. Made a nice prism effect when the sun would shine through it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom