timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week this park gave up a Mercury Dime and an Indian Penny. Today was a hard fought 1911-D Barber and two Indian's a 1903 and an 1891 along with a few wheats. Was playing around with my F5 and found the Barber with that machine. Every once in a while I'll take my F5 out along with my Safari and compare the two, run the F5 and then take the Safari over the same dirt and then do the opposite. Today the F5 squeezed out the only silver but the Safari found the two Indians in the same hole... Just having some fun today, the Safari is my main machine but the F5 is so light and a different beast I still have to take it along every once in awhile.

Now I'll have to get to cleaning the Indains, the fertilizer really does a number on the old copper coins especially the wheats....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439095399.327570.jpg

Upvote 6

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice rescue of the those keepers. The F5 wasn't registering zinc when you swung over the IHP?

OP
OP
timelord

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco-Digger was just using the Safari at that time so I couldn't tell you if they come up at zinc, but I dig everything in the coin range even zincs, never know what it is till you dig it. On the Safari the Indians seem to come in at a 31 low for a coin. For coin hunting on the Safari I discriminate out from 29 and below. If you swing slow you will hear the coins among the trash, I sometimes even have to go out of all metal to my coin mode to really see if it's picking up a coin, did that this weekend and picked out a 1935 wheat..... The Safari is a really good machine once you learn it and that takes about a year.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread