What's new

Old Permission - Field 1 - Day 4 - Hammered...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'dad & I continued the grid in Field 1 (3 hrs to me, 2.5 hrs the Cru'dad).
Finally I got the hammered I expected but not very much else;

1 Scrappy
1 Lead Token
Barrel Tap Key
Neolithic Flint (from a quick wander in the Dump Field)
Hammered Cut Half-penny of Henry III - Nicole of Winchester (a slightly more interesting Mint, compared to the common London & Canterbury)

1.webp
2.webp
3.webp
4.webp
5.webp
 
Upvote 38
Cru'dad & I continued the grid in Field 1 (3 hrs to me, 2.5 hrs the Cru'dad).
Finally I got the hammered I expected but not very much else;

1 Scrappy
1 Lead Token
Barrel Tap Key
Neolithic Flint (from a quick wander in the Dump Field)
Hammered Cut Half-penny of Henry III - Nicole of Winchester (a slightly more interesting Mint, compared to the common London & Canterbury)

View attachment 2129190View attachment 2129191View attachment 2129192View attachment 2129193View attachment 2129194
Nice hammer recovery Cru'...glad you found the slightly more interesting Mint..
Amazing the the mint origin can be figured out on those...
 
Cru'dad & I continued the grid in Field 1 (3 hrs to me, 2.5 hrs the Cru'dad).
Finally I got the hammered I expected but not very much else;

1 Scrappy
1 Lead Token
Barrel Tap Key
Neolithic Flint (from a quick wander in the Dump Field)
Hammered Cut Half-penny of Henry III - Nicole of Winchester (a slightly more interesting Mint, compared to the common London & Canterbury)

View attachment 2129190View attachment 2129191View attachment 2129192View attachment 2129193View attachment 2129194
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!
 
Amazing the the mint origin can be figured out on those...
Got lucky, got the end of [NIC]OLE & the Start of the mint; W[INT]
Many times you can't figure it out with the remaining letters.
 
Got lucky, got the end of [NIC]OLE & the Start of the mint; W[INT]
Many times you can't figure it out with the remaining letters.
Very nice that you were able to identify the mint by having something there to work with...and just noticed the neolithic flint... absolutely love those...my wife found one on the beach when we were there awhile back... didn't really know what it was until we saw one watching Time Team or reading your posts...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom