CRUSADER
Emerald Member
We spent 1.5 hrs finishing gridding the outer edges of Copse Field. I only got 2 Roman coins but it good to complete the whole area.
We then spent 2 hrs zigzagging Brooch Field to see how much is about. Its such a huge site we won't have time to grid it before the Spring Bean drilling.
We will have a small window after drilling & I'm still formulating a strategy for the partial grid.(so we can return after harvest & not miss an area)
Update:
Just starting to ID my coins & the largest one is an 'As' of Nero, a rare find for me!
Nero. AD 54-68. AE As, Rome mint?. [NERO C]LAVD CAESAR AVG GER [P M TR P IMP PP], laureate head right / GENIO AVGVSTI, S-C across fields, Genius standing left, holding patera and cornucopiae, sacrificing over lighted altar to left.
12 Roman Bronze Coins
2 Iron Age (Celtic) Brooches
1st C AD Hod Hill Fibula
Complete Roman Hair Pin
Ed I Penny (London Mint)
We then spent 2 hrs zigzagging Brooch Field to see how much is about. Its such a huge site we won't have time to grid it before the Spring Bean drilling.
We will have a small window after drilling & I'm still formulating a strategy for the partial grid.(so we can return after harvest & not miss an area)
Update:
Just starting to ID my coins & the largest one is an 'As' of Nero, a rare find for me!
Nero. AD 54-68. AE As, Rome mint?. [NERO C]LAVD CAESAR AVG GER [P M TR P IMP PP], laureate head right / GENIO AVGVSTI, S-C across fields, Genius standing left, holding patera and cornucopiae, sacrificing over lighted altar to left.
12 Roman Bronze Coins
2 Iron Age (Celtic) Brooches
1st C AD Hod Hill Fibula
Complete Roman Hair Pin
Ed I Penny (London Mint)
Last edited:
Upvote
19







