What's new

Old photo site

Cool site, OZ! I usually use the state 38's, but I like the tabs that let you change years without losing your position on your link!
Thanks! :thumbsup:
 
That site comes in handy Oz.

You can also turn on the coordinate feature and click on the area you're interested in. Just remember you have to convert the coordinates to degrees /minutes/seconds if you're gonna use them as waypoints in a GPS. You can do that here... http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/DDDMMSS-decimal.html
Mike
 
That is a neat site!
Anyone here ever get USGS satelite photos? They are available by twp. and have 3 meter resolution in the B/W color or I/R. The I/R and BW images really knock your socks off. You can find the roads that no longer exist, and some of the buildings also. Heat signatures don't lie!
 
That sounds good Tim! Wish I had access to those... maybe I'll give Jack Bauer a call and he can download some of those to my iPhone.
 
Not sure if Jack Bauer will do it for you. I did it for myself. Picked the particular areas then bought them at the USGS site. Very high res images, very nice. Get a little adventurous Brett!
 
Tim,

Did you use that EarthExplorer to find the images for your desired areas? If so which data sets did you use?
 
I can't recall since it's been a few years since I got my orders there. I know they were changing the system last time I was there and the links are saved over on my now dead main 'puter. SMART drive went dumb on me after the CD and NIC. Might be a CMOS problem killing the machine off.

I do recall listings of passes and they were catalogued by township under the photography links. I may have put it an old post but it would be quicker for you to hunt it down on the site than hunt my old posts down on this site.
 
OK thanks, I'll keep looking. Now go to bed! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom