What's new

Old Roman Coins

Martimus Rex

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
53
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
IL / MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI SE 3
I did post this in the coin section but I thought it couldn't hurt to post here too. I got these in Iraq and the guy I bought them from said they were Roman. I have no idea what they are. Any ideas?
Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • front.webp
    front.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 280
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 272
  • front.webp
    front.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 270
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 263
:hello:

Top right looks like a debased Silver could be Roman :dontknow: the Middle one could be a large Bronze Roman coin :icon_scratch: but we need closer shots to show more detail.

SS
 
Upvote 0
looks like the two on the left might be saudi a. and the one one bottom right could be pakistan. these are just guesses with out any research.
 
Upvote 0
nice..old Islam coins..in the center is roman colonial...
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking the writing on the left 2 to be arabic. wasn't sure.
 
Upvote 0
looks like the top left is an ancient persian coin, bottom left is islamic Zangids of Mosul, Badr al-Din Lulu, middle and top right could be either roman or greek. SC is stamped on the back of the middle on and looks like that meant forged for syria. I still can't find anything even close on the bottom right. Is it even a coin?
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Top right looks like a debased Silver could be Roman :dontknow: the Middle one could be a large Bronze Roman coin :icon_scratch: but we need closer shots to show more detail.

SS

Agreed, 2 are Roman the others are Islamic? The square thing is not a coin.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom