What's new

Old Silver From The Fields

ShovelinDave

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
619
Reaction score
847
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a terribly dry summer we had here. I'm sure most of you can agree with that. Far less hunting than I'm used to. Since I wasn't hunting I was outscoring permissions. The rains came maybe three weeks ago and life is good again. A lot of beans were planted this year in a lot of the fields I was going to be in, a big plus. I got in one a couple weeks ago and pulled out a shield nickel and three IHP's. Last Friday was a beautiful 70 degrees so I decided to go back to the same field. I pulled out a V nickel and an IHP when I got a sweet sounding 82 on the AT Pro. Out pops an 1892 Barber dime. It's been awhile since I dug a silver coin. Something I definitely needed. Twenty minutes later I'm getting another steady 82. I was hoping for a seated liberty but instead came my first silver foreign coin. An 1895 Canadian dime. After that, I dug three more IHP's. What a nice hunt it turned out to be. In one of the pics is a smooth spot under my detector. That's where the Canadian dime was. Was so tickled I had to get a pic before I dug it. Another is a ghost potato chip Ruffles gave me for Halloween :laughing7:. Well, I've kept you long enough. Best of luck on your hunts. SD










 

Attachments

  • IMG_20171027_102242.webp
    IMG_20171027_102242.webp
    732 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20171020_151318.webp
    IMG_20171020_151318.webp
    589.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20171020_154816.webp
    IMG_20171020_154816.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20171027_102844.webp
    IMG_20171027_102844.webp
    720.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20171027_102924.webp
    IMG_20171027_102924.webp
    845.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20171027_102958.webp
    IMG_20171027_102958.webp
    858.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20171027_103108.webp
    IMG_20171027_103108.webp
    728.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20171027_103345.webp
    IMG_20171027_103345.webp
    884.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20171027_103519.webp
    IMG_20171027_103519.webp
    746.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20171026_113359.webp
    IMG_20171026_113359.webp
    386.6 KB · Views: 145
TWO 1800s silver coins. Nice Dave nice. The shield and IHCs are icing on the cake. That's a great hunt from my perspective.

Very well played sir!
 
TWO 1800s silver coins. Nice Dave nice. The shield and IHCs are icing on the cake. That's a great hunt from my perspective.

Very well played sir!
Thanks Tom. Well, we like our icing that's for sure. Last friday was 70 and sunny. Today is 40 and spitting ice at us.... go figure lol. Take em easy.
 
Great finds for sure. Makes me want to get out and brave the wind and rain today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom