What's new

Old silver plated buckle help.....

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks old.
 

Attachments

  • what are they relics 057.webp
    what are they relics 057.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 260
  • what are they relics 058.webp
    what are they relics 058.webp
    74 KB · Views: 262
This one kind of has me but since no one has replied to this I'll put my 2 cents in. The buckle does look old but the way the bar is attached make me think it's not as old as it looks. I'm thinking it's late 1800's to early 1900's. Hopefully some one will know for sure.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
This one kind of has me but since no one has replied to this I'll put my 2 cents in. The buckle does look old but the way the bar is attached make me think it's not as old as it looks. I'm thinking it's late 1800's to early 1900's. Hopefully some one will know for sure.

Agreed the bar indicates a circa 1900 date & most likely a fancy horse tack buckle.
 
Upvote 0
I will agree with the others too. I don't find this style of harness buckle in barn or homestead sites from the mid or early 1800s. I only find them in turn of the century c.1900-1920 era sites.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom