Old Soda Pop Bottles

jagt

Dec 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_9089.JPG IMG_9090.JPG IMG_9092.JPG IMG_9094.JPG IMG_9106.JPG IMG_9108.JPG IMG_9109.JPG

All bottles were found in the woods, which have been taken over by Autumn Olive. It's not likely that anyone has walked through in 30 years because it has grown so thick, so I'm almost positive that none of these are remakes.

Bottle #1: Coca-Cola bottle - Front side says "Coca-Cola", back just says "Coke". It's a half liter glass bottle (500 mL/16.9 fl. oz./1.05 pint). There's no markings on the bottom, and it is not a twist-off. This bottle was found on the edge of the woods, so it's possible that this one is newer than the others.

Bottle #2: RC Cola bottle - Glass bottle; Both sides are identical, saying "RC 16 FL. OZ. (1 PT)". Near the bottom on one side it says "no refill" and "dispose of properly" on the opposite side. On the bottom there's a symbol of an anchor with an "H" through it. Working clockwise from there, it says "L-61642" then "77" then "12", which is underlined. At about 9 o'clock it says "3" and then we're back at the symbol of the anchor with an "H" through it.

Bottle #3: Pepsi bottle - Textured glass bottle, saying "Pepsi-Cola" on the front and "Pepsi" on the back. At the top on the front it says "no refill", and at the top on the back it says "dispose of properly". On both sides underneath the label it says "16 fl. oz. (1 pt.)". On the bottom there's a circled "1" or "I", I can't tell which. Moving clockwise, there's the number 54 followed by the number 77. At 6 o'clock there's the number 15, and lastly there's a "c".

Can anyone identify these and/or tell me if they're worth anything?

Last edited:

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe these are all from the 70's or 80's.

DCMatt

Upvote 0

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JAGT I SIPPED OUT OF BOTTLES LIKE THAT MANY OF A TIME ..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread