What's new

Old Spoon

coinman123

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
5,768
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Only did a 25 or so minute hunt and found this. Does not look to show silver plating though. Anyways, I thought this was a pretty cool find, not sure of age though. The style looks late 1700's though I'm not sure.
IMG_20150803_194831.webpView attachment 11IMG_20150803_194925.webp95325[/ATTACH]IMG_20150803_194844.webpIMG_20150803_194857.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150803_194837.webp
    IMG_20150803_194837.webp
    196.2 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 6
No markings?

Style wise I might hazard a guess at around 1850, give or take at least a decade.
 
My guess would be Civil War era, looks similar to lots I've found. Most from the 1700's are pewter, but I'm no expert just from my experience.
 
Nice spoon....the style dates to the later 1800s to early 1900s. Try putting some aluminum jelly on it to clean it up and there might be some plating left on it. I have had very good success with aluminum jelly on spoons.
 
1700S I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD .. NICE FIND 123 .
 
tipped pattern popular during the later 1800s. I just love 'em all bent up
 
Thanks guys I agree with 1850's-1880's or so.
 
Every time I see a spoon posted it makes me think of a Stealth Diggers spoon toss :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom