What's new

Old Theme Parks

AKiwi

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Having done a bit of armchair surfing today, I came across Rocky Point Amusement Park, Warwick, Rhode Island and some others that have closed.
The question is....... Has anyone done any MD ing around these abandoned parks?
 
I was able to hunt one of these old parks in the eighties, but not sure it was similiar to the one
you mention. It was quite old and produced a lot of old silver. I mention it here:

http://www.stoutstandards.com/Research.html

Look for entry about Bellewood Park. I also have a link listed for old amusement parks, although it's not a new one for sure (under my links page).

Amusement parks are money sites....
 
Thanks for the 'heads up' . I have quickly scanned your info before getting off to work...... Can't wait to get home to read it again.
Nothing like a bit of inspiration to get the 'juices flowing' :)
Its Winter here.
Thanks again...
 
Barnum said:
I was able to hunt one of these old parks in the eighties, but not sure it was similiar to the one
you mention. It was quite old and produced a lot of old silver. I mention it here:

http://www.stoutstandards.com/Research.html

Look for entry about Bellewood Park. I also have a link listed for old amusement parks, although it's not a new one for sure (under my links page).

Amusement parks are money sites....

Barnum, thanks for joining Tnet. With your wealth of experience you can help allot of folks here. Your grandson told me about you. I work with him in Garland. Some of the people you have associated with are in our club. I also enjoy your website.
 
I hauled demolition out of that park in rhode island a few years ago, if its the one I was at :dontknow: I was in rhode island anyway, was really overgrown and what wasnt was concrete. Big fence around the place also.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom